P.O. Box 198
- Katende D, Mutungi G, Baisley K, Biraro S, Ikoona E, Peck R, Smeeth L, Hayes R, Munderi P, Grosskurth H (2015) Readiness of Ugandan health services for the management of outpatients with chronic diseases. Trop Med Int Health, in press
- Kavishe B, Biraro S, Baisley K, Vanobberghen F, Kapiga S, Munderi P, Smeeth L, Peck R, Mghamba J, Mutungi G, Ikoona E, Levin J, Bou Monclús MA, Katende D, Kisanga E, Hayes R, Grosskurth H (2015) High prevalence of hypertension and of risk factors for non-communicable diseases (NCDs): a population based cross-sectional survey of NCDS and HIV infection in Northwestern Tanzania and Southern Uganda.BMC Med 13:126.
- Asiki G, Murphy GAV, Baisley K, Nsubuga RN, Karabarinde A, Newton R, Seeley J, Young EH, Kamali A, Sandhu MS (2015) Prevalence of dyslipidaemia and associated risk factors in a rural population in south-western Uganda: a community based survey. PLoS ONE, in press
- Kasirye R, Baisley K, Munderi P, Grosskurth H (2015) Effect of cotrimoxazole prophylaxis on malaria occurrence in HIV infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa. Trop Med Int Health, in press
- Asiki G, Baisley K, Kamali A, Kaleebu P, Seeley J, Newton R (2015) A prospective study of trends in consumption of cigarettes and alcohol among adults in a rural Ugandan population cohort, 1994-2011. Trop Med Int Health; 20(4):527-36
- Jackson D, White IR, Seaman S, Evans H, Baisley K, Carpenter J (2014) Relaxing the independent censoring assumption in the Cox proportional hazards model using multiple imputation. Stat Med; 33:4681-4694
- Houlihan CF, de Sanjosé S, Baisley K, Changalucha J, Ross DA, Kapiga S, Godinez JM, Bozicevic I, Hayes RJ, Watson-Jones D (2014) Prevalence of humanpapillomavirus in adolescent girls before reported sexual debut. J Infect Dis; 210:837-845
- Asiki G, Seeley J, Srey C, Baisley K, Lightfoot T, Archileo K, Agol D, Abaasa A, Wakeham K, Routledge MN, Wild CP, Newton R, Gong YY (2014). A pilot study to evaluate aflatoxin exposure in a rural Ugandan population. Trop Med Int Health; 19:592-599
- Brown J, Baisley K, Balthazar B, Changalucha J, Andreasen A, Mayaud P, Gumodoka B, Kapiga S, Hayes R, Watson-Jones D (2014) Effect of malaria and helminth infections on immunogenicity of the human papillomavirus-16/18 AS04-adjuvanated vaccine in Tanzania. Vaccine; 32(5):611–617
- Masiira B, Baisley K, Mayanja B, Kazoob P, Maher D, Kaleebu P (2013) Mortality and its predictors among antiretroviral naïve HIV infected individuals with CD4 cell count ≥350 compared with the general population: data from a population-based prospective HIV cohort in Uganda. Global Health Action, in press
- Mongi A, Baisley K, Ao T, Chilongani J, Andreasen A, Francis S, Shao J, Hayes R, Kapiga S (2013) Factors associated with problem drinking among women employed in food and recreational facilities in northern Tanzania. PLoS ONE, (12):e84447
- Mugisha JO, Baisley K, Asiki G, Seeley J, Kuper H (2013) Prevalence, risk factors and clinical correlates of anaemia in older people in a rural Ugandan population. PloS ONE, 8(10):e78394
- Watson-Jones D, Baisley K, Brown J, Kavishe B, Andreasen A, Changalucha J, Mayaud P, Kapiga S, Gumodoka B, Hayes RJ, de Sanjosé S (2013) High prevalence and incidence of human papillomavirus in a cohort of healthy young African female subjects. Sex Transm Infect; 89:358-65.
- Calvert C, Baisley K, Doyle AM, Maganja K, Changalucha J, Watson-Jones D, Hayes RJ, Ross DA (2013) Risk factors for unplanned pregnancy among young women in Tanzania. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care; Jul 31.
- Kapiga SH, Ewings FM, Ao T, Chilongani J, Mongi A, Baisley K, Francis S, Andreasen A, Hashim R, Watson-Jones D, Changalucha J, Hayes R (2013). The epidemiology of HIV and HSV-2 infections among women participating in microbicide and vaccine feasibility studies in northern Tanzania. PLoS One; 8(7):e68825.
- Baisley K, Baeten JM, Hughes JP, Donnell DJ, Wang J, Hayes R, Jones DW, Celum C (2013) Summary measures of adherence using pill counts in two HIV prevention trials: the need for standardisation in reporting. AIDS Behav; 17:3108-19
- Lemme F, Doyle AM, Changalucha J, Andreasen A, Baisley K, Maganja K, Watson-Jones D, Kapiga S, Hayes RJ, Ross DA (2013) HIV Infection among young people in northwest Tanzania: the role of biological, behavioural and socio-demographic risk factors. PLoS One; 8(6):e66287.
- Francis SC, Baisley K, Lees SS, Andrew B, Zalwango F, Seeley J, Vandepitte J, Ao TT, van de Wijgert J, Watson-Jones D, Kapiga S, Grosskurth H, Hayes RJ (2013) Vaginal practices among women at high risk of HIV infection in Uganda and Tanzania: recorded behaviour from a daily pictorial diary. PLoS One; 8:e59085.
- Fonseca MO, Tupinambás U, Sousa AI, Baisley K, Greco DB, Rodrigues L (2012) Profile of patients diagnosed with AIDS at age 60 and above in Brazil, from 1980 until June 2009, compared to those diagnosed at age 18 to 59. Braz J Infect Dis; 16:552-7.
- Odutola A, Baisley K, Hayes RJ, Rusizoka M, Tanton C, Weiss HA, Changalucha J, Ross DA, Watson-Jones D (2012) Pregnancy and contraceptive use among women participating in an HIV prevention trial in Tanzania. Sex Transm Infect; 88:436-43.
- Watson-Jones D, Baisley K, Ponsiano R, Lemme F, Remes P, Ross D, Kapiga S, Mayaud P, de Sanjosé S, Wight D, Changalucha J, Hayes R (2012) Human papillomavirus vaccination in Tanzanian schoolgirls: cluster-randomized trial comparing 2 vaccine-delivery strategies. J Infect Dis; 206:678-86.
- Francis SC, Lees SS, Andrew B, Zalwango F, Vandepitte J, Ao T, Baisley K, Kapiga S, Grosskurth H, Hayes R (2012) Vaginal practices diary: development of a pictorial data collection tool for sensitive behavioral data. Sex Transm Dis; 39:614-21.
- Floyd S, Marston M, Baisley K, Wringe A, Herbst K, Chihana M, Kasamba I, Bärnighausen T, Urassa M, French N, Todd J, Zaba B (2012) The effect of antiretroviral therapy provision on all-cause, AIDS and non-AIDS mortality at the population level--a comparative analysis of data from four settings in Southern and East Africa. Trop Med Int Health; 17:e84-93.
- Kasamba I, Baisley K, Mayanja BN, Maher D, Grosskurth H (2012) The impact of antiretroviral treatment on mortality trends of HIV-positive adults in rural Uganda: a longitudinal population-based study, 1999-2009. Trop Med Int Health; 17:e66-73.
- Kazooba P, Kasamba I, Baisley K, Mayanja BN, Maher D (2012) Access to, and uptake of, antiretroviral therapy in a developing country with high HIV prevalence: a population-based cohort study in rural Uganda, 2004-2008. Trop Med Int Health; 17:e49-57.
- Wringe A, Floyd S, Kazooba P, Mushati P, Baisley K, Urassa M, Molesworth A, Schumacher C, Todd J, Zaba B (2012) Antiretroviral therapy uptake and coverage in four HIV community cohort studies in sub-Saharan Africa. Trop Med Int Health; 17:e38-48.
- Munyagwa M, Baisley K, Levin J, Brian M, Grosskurth H, Maher D (2012) Mortality of HIV-infected and uninfected children in a longitudinal cohort in rural south-west Uganda during 8 years of follow-up. Trop Med Int Health; 17:836-43.
- Boyce MJ, Baisley KJ, Warrington SJ (2012) Pharmacokinetic interaction between domperidone and ketoconazole leads to QT prolongation in healthy volunteers: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover study. Br J Clin Pharmacol; 73:411-21.
- Manno D, Kowa PK, Bwalya HK, Siame J, Grantham-McGregor S, Baisley K, De Stavola BL, Jaffar S, Filteau S (2012) Rich micronutrient fortification of locally produced infant food does not improve mental and motor development of Zambian infants: a randomised controlled trial. Br J Nutr; 107:556-66.
- Watson-Jones D, Tomlin K, Remes P, Baisley K, Ponsiano R, Soteli S, de Sanjosé S, Changalucha J, Kapiga S, Hayes RJ (2012) Reasons for receiving or not receiving HPV vaccination in primary schoolgirls in Tanzania: a case control study. PLoS One; 7:e45231.
- Peletz R, Simunyama M, Sarenje K, Baisley K, Filteau S, Kelly P, Clasen T (2012) Assessing water filtration and safe storage in households with young children of HIV-positive mothers: a randomized, controlled trial in Zambia. PLoS One; 7:e46548.
- Baisley K, Doyle AM, Changalucha J, Maganja K, Watson-Jones D, Hayes R, Ross D (2012) Uptake of voluntary counselling and testing among young people participating in an HIV prevention trial: comparison of opt-out and opt-in strategies. PloS One; 7:e42108.
HIV epidemiology; randomised controlled trials; complex interventions
Kathy is a Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics and Epidemiology with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Her research focuses on the design and analysis of intervention and observational studies in sexually transmitted infections and HIV, with a particular interest in cluster randomised trials. She joined the Africa Centre for Population Health in 2015, seconded from LSHTM. Previously, she was based in Tanzania as the head of the data section with the LSHTM/Tanzanian National Institute of Medical Research collaborative research programme (now the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU)). She has been the lead statistician on a number of complex HIV prevention trials and HPV vaccine trials.